Unfortunately this clip doesn't show the taxi driver at the end of the scene moving ominously into the frame; he obscures Charley and eliminates him as an authority figure.
Watch the scene and answer the following questions:
1. How are Charley and Terry depicted at the beginning of the scene?
2. How does the mise-en-scene (set, lighting, blocking etc) affect our understanding of this scene?
3. When and how does the sound change (the musical score)? How does this amplify the emotion?
3. How is the tenderness and love between the brothers shown?
4. Describe the moral choice that Charley is faced with:
5. How is Charley's internal conflict portrayed?
6. How does Charley obtain redemption for his past?
7. In what way is this scene a "confessional" between the two brothers?